This is a relational evangelism course composed of six sessions designed for use in a small group setting. This course does not teach a particular gospel presentation like The CROSS, The Net, FAITH, Roman road, and others. This course is about helping you better share the gospel you already know in a more effective way through your relationships. For more information about this witnessing tool, call 770-410-6000 or visit www.namb.net. To order materials, call Customer Service center at 866-407-NAMB (6262) or visit the online NAMB Store at www.namb.
|Evangelism Explosion International
This is a comprehensive personal evangelism strategy that will equip your people in a 6 hour Share Your Faith workshop to effectively share their faith as a Way of Life! It’s FUN to share, EASY to learn, and almost IMPOSSIBLE to forget! Everyday Evangelism (Ev2) is the 7 week follow-up that utilizes a variety of components including prayer, actual on-the-job training where the experienced lead the inexperienced, and the principle of spiritual multiplication. Developed by Dr. D. James Kennedy in Coral Ridge, Florida, it is a proven tool for witness training. Evangelism Explosion is currently ministering in every nation and territory of the world and is available in multiple languages.
For more information call 888-567-3543 or visit http://www.evangelismexplosion.org/.
|Share Jesus Without Fear
The reason most people do not share their faith is fear according to Bill Fay, author of Share Jesus Without Fear. This approach was developed out of Fay’s personal experience. He has personally shared his faith over 10,000 times. This approach is very conversational and requires little memorization since it uses a marked New Testament. Bill Fay teaches the three-session course on video, which is included in the kit. For more information contact LifeWay Christian Resources at 800-448-8032 or visit http://www.lifeway.com.
|Becoming a Contagious Christian
This 6-session study was developed by Mark Mittelberg, Lee Strobel, and Bill Hybels. It teaches six different styles of evangelism and will help you maximize your witness according to your personality. Training kit includes humorous and practical video vignettes, leader guide, and student books. For more information go to the Willow Creek Association web site: http://www.willowcreek.com/resources/ or call 800-570-9812.
This 8-session study was developed by Ken Hemphill and Frank Harber. This study combines a conversational Gospel presentation with a powerful apologetic. The presentation and apologetic are built around two simple acrostics that anyone can learn. Training kit includes: tracts, CD with multi media presentation and helps, and training manuals. For more information go to the got life? web site at http://www.gotlife.org/main.php3 or call 866-GOT-LIFE (468-5433).
- G.R.O.W. – Outreach Teams That Win by LifeWay, 800-448-8032. Maximize your outreach by using teams and helping members make a once a month commitment to reach out to your community by sending cards, making phone calls, praying, and going out into the neighborhood.
- Praying Your Friends to Christ by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). Use this pamphlet to guide your members through the Scriptures to pray for lost people and how to pray for them.
- Taking Prayer to the Streets by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This kit includes a leader guide, prayer journey pocket guide, listening sheets, overhead cells, and CD (power point, clip art, post card sample, and follow up post card sample).
- Lighthouse of Prayer by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This kit provides everything you need to recruit, challenge, and equip believers to make their homes Lighthouses of prayer. The kit includes a video, brochures, tracts, and simple explanation sheets.
- The Pursuit by Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, 405-942-3000, ext. 4388. This CD contains 30 daily devotionals, four mentor guides, one copy of the Bible, one video about baptism and one page of links.
- Beginning Steps by Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, 405-942-3000 ext. 4313. This follow-up booklet is a great personal study guide for new Christians after they make a profession of faith. It provides answers to common questions, helps new Christians establish a daily Bible study plan and encourages new Christians with the Word of God.
- New Believer’s Bible by Harvest Ministries, 1-800-821-3300. This is a great Bible for new believers that has features such as a one year reading plan, 52 great Bible stories, how to study the Bible, key verses to commit to memory, prophesies about Jesus from the Old Testament, and page numbers where users can find exactly where something is located in scripture.
- 7 Minutes with God by Robert D. Foster. This tract is a simple way to help a believer plan a daily quiet time. It starts at only 7 minutes, helping one see how it is impossible to spend only 7 minutes with the Lord.
- What Everyone Should Know by Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, 405-942-3000 ext. 4313. This flip chart is a step by step Gospel presentation for children with interactive questions and pictures to help clearly explain the Gospel to children.
- Falls Creek Spiritual Commitment Guide by Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma. This booklet that is great for decision counseling. It includes a conversational guide on the 6 of the most common decisions made in Baptist Churches with a tear off decision card. To train counselors with this guide use the Decision Time: Commitment Counseling Training Guide.
- God’s Plan For You by Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, 405-942-3000 ext. 4313. This brochure is a decision counseling piece for children. It explains what it means to be a Christian, how one becomes a Christian, what it means to renew your commitment to Christ, and what to do after making this decision. It also has a place for the child making a decision to mark the decision made. Along with a record of commitment card for a leader to keep.
- Prayer for Revival and Spiritual Awakening by Henry Blackaby & NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This seven-session kit reviews great revivals of the past and prepares a church to pray for revival and spiritual awakening. Kit includes overhead cells, video, instructor manual, and student workbook.
- Fresh Encounter by Henry Blackaby & LifeWay, 800-448-8032. This kit provides everything needed to prepare to leaders for church renewal including: video cassette teaching by Henry Blackaby and Avery Willis, audio cassettes, leaders manual, and two member’s books. This emphasis will help your church evaluate itself in light of God’s plumb line.
- The Role of Prayer in Spiritual Awakening by Campus Crusade for Christ, 800-827-2788, http://www.ccci.org/. This 26 minute video featuring Dr. J. Edwin Orr, renowned authority on revivals, will help you discover how change your life today and bring revival to the world around you through the power of prayer.
Special Evangelistic Events
- SEE: Workbook (Special Evangelistic Events) Manual by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This 30-page manual will introduce your church to different kinds of special events that can be made evangelistic. It provides some great ideas and simple planning sheets to guide your church in the process of developing some great events.
- SEE: Evangelistic Block Party Manual by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This manual will help your church step by step get organized to conduct an evangelistic block party. The manual includes job descriptions, planning sheet, ideas for variations of the block party concept.
- SEE: Love is the Theme: Evangelistic Events for Valentine’s Day Manual by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This manual includes event ideas related to Valentine’s Day, sermon outlines, sermon illustrations, and a list of helpful resources.
- SEE: Halloween for Christ Manual by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This manual includes 5 variations of events that are good for churches to do around Halloween. It also has some preaching themes, helpful resources, and additional ideas.
- SEE: Evangelistic Events at Thanksgiving and Christmas Manual by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This manual provides different event plans for Christmas and Thanksgiving along with sermon themes and a list of additional resources.
- Split Time Tract by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This tract attracts a lot of attention and is easy to use. The opening statement can be used as a riddle: “What single event in human history has the power to split time?
- God’s Special Plan Tract by NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This tract is designed for use with children. It is interactive and provides a simple and clear presentation of the gospel.
- Steps to Peace with God by Billy Graham, 866-526-7173, http://www.billygrahambookstore.org/. This tract is available in a variety of tranquil covers and it graphically presents the gospel using the bridge illustration. Because Billy Graham signed this tract it has a lot of credibility.
- Mapping Center for Evangelism 888-627-7997, http://www.mappingcenter.org/. The Mapping Center can provide your church the names, addresses, telephone numbers of people in your area, and the corresponding maps that will help you locate them. The mapping center can help your church with a variety of services related to direct mail and canvassing neighborhoods. This is an invaluable tool for any church that is serious about getting into the community. For more information on utilizing the mapping center, please contact the Evangelism office at 405-942-3000, Ext. 4313.
- Servanthood Evangelism by the NAMB, 866-407-NAMB (6262). This manual is a must for any church. For just $4.00 you can get over a 100 simple ideas to reach you community.
- 101 Ways to Reach Your Community by Steve Sjogren, 888-KINDNESS, www.servantevangelism.com. This simple little book will give the best ideas from the man who wrote the book, “Conspiracy of Kindness.” The book is full of ideas that your church needs.
Most of these resources listed above can be found and downloaded in a PDF through the NAMB website at www.namb.net.