- The Area Keyboard Festivals will be held on January 19, 26, and February 2, 2013
- State Keyboard Festival will be February 23, 2013 at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee
- Applications will be in the booklet AND online (preferred) again this year.
Registration has been streamlined for teachers to enter multiple students this year. Please fill out your online profile FIRST, then enter each student (referred to as attendee). This will eliminate having to key in your personal information on each student’s registration and should save even more time!
Register for the Solo Piano portion of the Area Keyboard Festival by clicking on the date desired below:
Register for the Duet Piano portion of the Area Keyboard Festival by clicking on the date desired below:
Register for the Solo Organ portion of the Area Keyboard Festival by clicking on the date desired below:
Keyboard Festival Handbook can be downloaded now by clicking here!
Opportunities for Development and Enrichment
Area and State Keyboard Festivals are hosted by the Worship & Music Ministry office in January and February of each year. The purpose of the Area and State Keyboard Festivals are listed below.
- To promote the learning and playing of keyboard instruments for the purpose of supporting and leading heartfelt worship.
- To provide an opportunity for strengthening of skills through competition and recognition.
- To provide keyboard teachers across the state of Oklahoma with incentive to teach excellence in keyboard playing.
- To undergird the worship ministry of the local church by developing experienced musicians.
For some students, hymns are not a regular part of worship in their churches. For some students, hymns are a cornerstone in worship. These festivals provide an avenue for all students to develop a love of hymns and to gain an understanding of the hymn-texts. Through this exposure to hymns, we hope students will grow a deeper relationship with Christ. The ministry provided through playing in church, accompanying congregational singing, and leading in worship services has eternal significance.
A complete booklet with information and registration forms is available by October 30th. If you are on last year’s list, you should receive a booklet no later than November 2, 2013. If not, please call the Worship & Music Ministry Office at 405-942-3800, ext 4650 or email Patricia Farewell at email@example.com.
Online Registration Form for State Keyboard Festival (use if you qualify after Area Festival) will be open from January 19 – February 9, 2013)
- February 23, 2013 (link not active until 1/19/2013)