The Twenty Questions of Gamblers Anonymous
1. Have you ever lost time from work due to gambling?
2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Has gambling affected your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
5. Have you ever gambled to get money to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Has gambling ever caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
10. Have you ever borrowed to finance your gambling?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
12. Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
13. Has gambling made you careless of the welfare of yourself and your family?
14. Have you ever gambled longer than you had planned?
15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
16. Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
17. Has gambling caused you to have difficulty sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
19. Have you ever had an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gamble?
20. Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions.