2019 January Update
OKC, Southern Hills Baptist Church
January 17, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
(Registration and light refreshments at 8:30 a.m.
Conference is from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
“TACO” Bout Kids Ministry
Click on the following link for the complete schedule:
January Update provides training for childhood ministers and others in children’s ministry leadership roles. Landry Holmes, from Lifeway, will be our plenary speaker and will bring all the new Lifeway Updates available for your ministry. Brett Selby, BGCO Pastoral Leadership Specialist, will bring our inspirational devotion as well as lead in a breakout session. Other breakout speakers include: Keith Badgett, Charlie Gatton, Landry Holmes, Colt Johnson, Mark Jones and Ronda Pinkerton. Lunch and resources will be provided, along with “fiesta fun” and a great opportunity to network. This event Is FREE to Children’s Minister’s and Children’s Leadership, but is limited due to space.
You can register at the following link:
Community94 is a group designed to invest in the lives and ministries of Childhood Ministers. The group meets during the following months: January Update, February, March, April, May, August, September retreat, October and November Jumpstart. Each meeting includes two plenary or skype speakers, four breakout sessions, resources, lunch and amazing times of fellowship and networking.
Regular meeting are from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. This is an awesome opportunity and we would love to have you participate. If you have any questions, please contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 405.942.3800, x4648.
Entire Calendar Year – $200 **
Per Meeting – $50.00
The cost covers a meal, resource items, and guest speaker expenses. (**The September meeting/retreat will have an additional charge)
Note: If you choose the “Pay By Meeting” option, the member must notify the childhood ministry office at least one week prior to the meeting if they plan to attend for the purpose of having an accurate count for lunch.
January 17; February 7; March 7; April 4; May 9; August 29; September 12-13; October 3; November 7.
To register for 2019 Community 94, please visit the following link:
New Community 94 Schedule for 2019
- 9:00 a.m. Coffee Talk with Mr. Mark
- 9:45 a.m. Scripture Challenge
- 10:00 a.m. Web Speaker #1
- 11:00 a.m. Break
- 11:15 a.m. Web Speaker #2
- 12:15 p.m. Lunch provided
- 1:00 p.m. Web Speaker #3
- 2:00 p.m. Wrap Up
- 2:15 p.m. Dismiss or Community Meet-Ups
2019 Scheduled Speakers
- Stephanie Chase – “Burn Out? What Do I Do…?
- Jenny Funderburk-Smith – “How to Stop Dreading Recruiting”
- David Pearson – “Creating a Child-Friendly Environment On a Shoestring Budget”
- Heidi Hensley – “Is it Time for a Facelift”
- Danielle Bell – “The Preteen Bubble”
- Jason Gibson – “12 Tools for Tech-Focused Families”
- Ann Edwards – “Remain Unbroken Through Difficult Situations”
- Jennifer Garrison – “Leading Littles in a Culture of Fear”
- Shane Garrison – Mission Drift: Preventing Your Ministry”
- Matt Morgan – “How to Lead When You’re Not the Leader”
- Kevin Jones – “Methods of Family Ministry”
- Shelly Melia – “Trendy or Transformational?”
- Jennifer Garrison – “Bullying and Your Kid”
- Stephanie Chase – “Technology is Taking Over”
- Jeff Land – “Follow the Leader”
September 12-13 (Childhood Ministry Retreat-Location TBD)
- Krista Storts – Plenary Speaker
- Heidi Hensley – “When Parents Aren’t the Influencer”
- Jenny Funderburk-Smith – “Handling Problem Behavior with Love and Grace”
- VBS Jumpstart Event (C94 Annual Paid Members attend this event at no cost. All others pay $15.00.