Community94 is a group designed to invest in the lives and ministries of Childhood Ministers. The group meets during the following months: January Update, February, March, April, May, August, September retreat, October and November Jumpstart. Each meeting includes a plenary or skype speaker, four breakout sessions, resources, lunch and amazing times of fellowship and networking. Regular meeting are from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. September Retreat is over a two-day period. Think of this as a professional day tailored for Childhood Ministers.
- Entire Calendar Year – $200 **
- Pay by Meeting – $50/meeting
The cost covers a meal, resource item, and guest speaker expenses. (**The September meeting/retreat will have an additional charge)
Note: If you choose the “Pay By Meeting” option, the member must notify the childhood ministry office at least one week prior to the meeting if they plan to attend for the purpose of having an accurate count for lunch.
Community 94 Schedule for 2018
- 9:00 a.m. Mr. Mark will host a coffee talk (pre-session)
- 10:00 a.m. NEW start time
- 10:00 a.m. Devotional
- 10:15 a.m. Transition
- 10:20 a.m. Breakout Session 1 (Four to choose from)
- 11:00 a.m. Transition
- 11:10 a.m. Skype Interview
- 11:40 a.m. Discussion
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 12:50 p.m. Breakout Session 2 (Four to choose from)
- 1:30 p.m. Transition
- 1:40 p.m. Skype Interview
- 2:10 p.m. Discussion
- 2:30 p.m. Dismiss
September 14-15 – Fall Retreat (Tulakogee Conference Center) – Additional charge to cover cost and materials.
To register and pay online for the retreat, please visit the link below:
If paying by check, please email Pat Jones for an invoice. Registration and payment deadline is September 5, 2017
Speaker – Jana Magruder, Author of: “Kid’s Ministry Essentials”
- Motivating Your Class – Lynn Jordan
- Planning for Diverse Families in Your Ministry – Emily Townley & Gina McKean
- The Holidays are Coming – Carrie Wood
- Help Me Get Organized – Paula Lawson*
- Games – Mark Jones
Skype – Robert J. MacKenzie, Author of: “Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child” *
Skype – Clara Mae Van Brink, “Smart Stuff Every Children’s Minister Should Know” *
- Dealing with Childcare Issues – Debbie Miller
- Having Great Worker’s Meetings – Laurie Fryklund
- Choosing Curriculum – Sarah Johnson
- Decorating/Sharing Classroom Space – Shelby Egender
November 9 – Community 94 – VBS Jumpstart
If you pay for the entire year of Community 94, you do not have to pay a registration fee for VBS Jumpstart.
NO MEETING IN DECEMBER
* Means that these speakers are not yet confirmed.
Times & Locations
The group meets 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (lunch provided) on Thursdays (unless a different day is noted). The meetings are typically held at the BGCO. If the location is different it will be noted on this page.
Community 94 Registration
All registration will be done online. You can register by clicking the link below. Attendees will have the flexibility to register for any meeting they choose. If you choose to attend individual meetings, we ask that you please register one week in advance so that we can have the most accurate count for lunch. 2017 Community 94 REGISTRATION OPENS ONLINE NOVEMBER 17, 2016. CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR OR MONTHLY: