on this page you will find the following information:
– Associational Winners Race – Saturday, March 2, 2019
Southern Hills Baptist Church, OKC
8601 S. Pennsylvania, OKC, OK
Participants for the open and state races need to park in the South lot at Southern Hills Baptist Church and enter through the South doors. The races will be held in the South building this year.
(Weigh-in for state competition begins at 1:30 PM)
– Open Racing – Saturday, March 2, 2019 – 10:00 a.m.
In order to enter, the participant must be a member of an active local church missions group. The car must be built after September 1, 2018, by the participant with the help of parent or some other adult and entered by the participant.
– Three divisions of racing for boys and girls:
1. Grades 1-3
2. Grades 4-6
3. Youth/ Students (Challengers)
-There will only be a Challengers race at the Associational Winners Competition
– Two categories of racing:
1. Open Racing Competition
2. Associational Winners Competition
OPEN RACING COMPETITION:
Any boy or girl in grades 1-6 is welcome to enter a racer at the Mission Ignition location that the child is attending. There is no need to notify us in advance of your interest in competing in the open race. Each racer will simply need to complete an Open Racing Entry Form at the check-in table (at your Mission Ignition location) and present it at the inspection table with your car. A car is eliminated after it loses a second time. A trophy will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each division. The car must be built after September 1, 2018 by the participant with help from parents or some other adult and entered by the participant.
– Two divisions of racing for boys and girls:
1. Grades 1-3
2. Grades 4-6
ASSOCIATIONAL WINNERS COMPETITION:
ALL ASSOCIATIONS are encouraged to conduct a Racer Competition for Lads (grades 1-3), Crusaders (grades 4-6) and Challengers (grades 7-12). A 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winner from the Lad division, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winner from the Crusader division, and a 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winner from the Challengers division from each association will be eligible to enter the double elimination competition.
– Three divisions of racing:
1. Lads (Grades 1-3)
2. Crusaders (Grades 4-6)
3. Challengers (Grades 7-12)
**Grades 1-3 Lads, and Grades 4-6 Crusaders, whether a boy or girl, must be an active member of a Royal Ambassador chapter to compete**
To Enter Associational Winners Race:
Each associational office is responsible to contact the Children’s Ministry office with the Associational Winners no later than February 21, 2019.
The information can be submitted to Charlie Gatton, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com or fax to 405-516-4923 or mail. For questions, contact our office at 405-942-3000, x 4648.
**All entries must be received on or before February 19, 2019**
Be sure the winners report provides the name of the association, age group division, name of boy or girl, grade, church and church city. Only three participants from each age division of the association who held a racer competition of two or more churches will be allowed to enter the state race. Only the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place Winners may enter. If one of these cannot attend Mission Ignition the next highest alternate may enter in his place. Boys or girls who are eligible for the Associational Winners Race at Mission Ignition may not enter the Open Racing competition.
OKLAHOMA RACER RULES AND SPECIFICATIONS
– These are the official Oklahoma rules which must be followed. Disregard rules received from any other source.
ONLY CARS MADE FROM RA RACER KITS WILL BE ALLOWED TO RACE AT MISSION IGNITION
– RA Racer Inspection Chairman will have the right to determine if a car meets these specifications. The RA Racer Event Coordinator depends on the RA Director and/or Counselor to see that these specifications are met so a boy or girl will not suffer the disappointment of his or her car being disqualified at Mission Ignition.
CONSTRUCTION OF RACER
– Sand, seal, lacquer and wax your car as desired for finished look. Details such as steering wheel, driver, decals, painting and interior detail are permissible as long as these details do not make the car violate the specifications.
– The RA Racer Track is made so that cars are kept in a lane by a lane strip. It is necessary that axles be used as furnished and that car chassis not be lowered below 3/8 inches. Failure to follow these instructions may cause the car to drag on lane strip.
-The car shall NOT ride on any type springs. The car must be free-wheeling with no starting devices.
– No loose materials of any kind are permitted in or on the car. The car may be hollowed out and built up to maximum weight by the addition of wood or metal only, provided it is securely built into the body or chassis or secured with screws (not taped on). Lead weights may be used.
**Axles cannot be shaved or altered.
Overall width shall not exceed 2 3/4 inches.
Overall length shall not exceed 7 3/8 inches.
Overall height shall not exceed 3 inches.
Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces.
Wheels cannot be larger than 1¼ inches in diameter nor can they be thicker than ¼ inches (narrow wheels). Wheel bearings, washers and bushings are prohibited.
The distance between the axle grooves (wheel base) cannot exceed 4 1/4 inches and the grooves cannot be re-located toward either end of the block. The plastic wheels may NOT be modified with the exception of smoothing out the rough spots and must meet specifications. THIS MEANS NO SHAVING. Wheels cannot extend past front of car body.
There will be a designated pit area for making all lubrications and repairs. Any “servicing” of cars will be allowed in this area only and prior to the racing event. Participant or car will not leave pit area with any evidence of lubricant showing.
Cars are to be raced only on tracks provided and not on floors or elsewhere.
Racer kits complete with block of wood, four wheels and axles, RA emblem and numbers may be purchased from:
Royal Racers, 192 Lovejoy Road, Sparta, TN 38583, phone 931-935-8201, fax 931-935-8203
To order RA Racer Kits click here or go to www.raracers.net
Prices for plain block kits:
(Shipping included. Price is subject to change.)
RA Racers, PO Box 67, DeSoto, TX 75123, phone 866-244-7900 or 972-225-9199. Call for prices.