Workshops are scheduled through the year as the need arises.
If you are interested in receiving any of the Literacy Missions training, contact Cheryl Wilkinson, BGCO Literacy Missions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-613-1513.
March 29-30 Workshop
3 Training Tracks Available:
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Tutoring Children and Youth (TCY)
- Adult Reading and Writing (ARW)
Friday (March 29), 6:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturday (March 30), 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. No meals will be offered, but snacks will be provided. Fast food restaurants are available for lunch on Saturday.
Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma (Baptist Building) | 3800 N. May Ave., Oklahoma City
$25.00, which includes a workshop manual. There will be an extra $10 charge for those attending the ARW workshop, as there is an extra teaching book required.
- Organizing a ministry
- Using teaching materials and resources
- Locating and placing students
- Lesson planning
- Understanding students’ needs
- Sharing your faith with students
- The ESL workshop includes information about introducing new vocabulary, pronunciation, working with advanced students, and dealing with cultural misunderstandings.
- The TCY workshop includes information about helping with reading, writing, and math; and helping students who have learning differences.
- The ARW workshop includes information about teaching reading skills to adults using the Laubach Way to Reading and the Bible, and helping students with learning differences.
- A certificate will be awarded upon completion of the 11 hours of training, and you will be prepared to begin working with students and even organizing a literacy missions ministry!
To register, please contact Tara Matlock at the BGCO Evangelism office, email@example.com or 405.942.3000 ext. 4313.
Registration Deadline is Thursday, March 21.
For more information, contact Cheryl Wilkinson, Literacy Missions Coordinator, at 405.613.1513