Do you have a vision for reaching women and discipling them for life change? Is God stirring the hearts of the women in your church, creating within them a hunger for serving Christ? Then maybe God is preparing your heart and the heart of your church to begin a women’s ministry.
We firmly believe that an effective women’s ministry includes the following aspects: prayer, discipleship, evangelism, missions and building community. But why should your church have a women’s ministry?
Women need relationships with other women. They need godly role models: wiser, more spiritually mature women after whom to pattern their lives. An effective ministry does not alienate itself from other ministries in the church. But just as many churches have children’s ministry, student ministry and senior adult ministry, women’s ministry ministers to women!
What are the benefits of having a women’s ministry?
1. Women will grow in their relationship with the Lord.
2. Your church will grow.
3. New members will find their niche.
4. Meaningful relationships form.
5. Women are encouraged to discover, develop and use spiritual gifits.
6. Each women is important to God and it is important to minister to her.
7. Coordination and organization are provided for inreach and outreach to women.
8. Women receive woman-to-woman understanding and lay counseling.
9. Older women mentor younger women.
10. Families are affected when women are drawn closer to the Lord.
For more information, we suggest the book, “Women Reaching Women” compiled by Chris Adams, published by LifeWay Press, Nashville, TN, April 2006. To order online, visit www.lifeway.com.